Join our awesome team!
Explore our available positions and submit your application below!
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representatives greet clients, set appointments, and process payments. They are the first person a visitor encounters when they visit our office, and as such should be calm and reassuring. Their tone and demeanor can help a pet owner and a pet feel less nervous about visiting the vet, which makes the experience easier for everyone.
Duties & Responsibilities
This job requires the ability to do the following work:
- Provide customer service such as greet clients, answer questions, process incoming patients, and handle payments.
- Answer phone calls, which may involve answering questions and screening and scheduling appointments.
- Handle incoming and outgoing text messages and email.
- Update patient charts.
- Enter data into a computerized medical records and billing program.
- Process credit card payments and create estimates.
- Fill and update patient prescriptions.
- Assist with pet supply purchases such as pet food, supplements, and grooming items.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the waiting room.
In addition to providing excellent customer service to clients and ensuring that front desk operations run smoothly, the receptionist acts as the primary greeter when a client enters the waiting room with their pet, alerts the appropriate technician or veterinarian of the client’s arrival, and processes the client’s payment at the conclusion of the appointment.